MAN Spare Parts
We supply worldwide spare parts for the following:
- Drive systems made by MAN
MAN SE (the name came from: Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg); Societas Europaea
MAN is an international group of the vehicle and mechanical engineering, which is since 2013 under the control of VW. The company MAN is listed on the stock exchange. The head office is located in Munich. The production facilities are located in 3 European countries as well as in Russia, South Africa, India and Turkey.
Today, the Group consists of two major businesses:
- COMMERCIAL VEHICLES consisting of MAN Truck & Bus and MAN Latin America as well as participations in MAN Force Trucks (India) and Sinotruk (China).This range offers trucks and buses of all sizes as well as diesel and gas engines and components (MAN Engines).
- POWER ENGINEERING with the subgroup MAN Energy Solutions and a majority stake in Renk AG (gearbox manufacturer).
In this segment amongst other things large diesel engines, turbo compressors, industrial turbines, two-stroke and four-stroke diesel engines and four-stroke diesel gas and gas Otto engines for marine propulsion and (diesel) power plants as well as turbochargers are manufactured (MAN Diesel SE, Augsburg).
The roots of the company go back to two different companies. On the one hand there was the ironworks St. Antony in Oberhausen, which was founded in 1758. And independently of this, the Sander machine factory was founded in Augsburg in 1840, which is regarded as a precursor company in southern Germany. This factory became in 1841 together with the Maschinenbau-Aktiengesellschaft Nuremberg the Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nuremberg AG. In 1908, that resulted in the company M.A.N.
Technical development until the end of the 2nd World War
In 1915 commercial vehicles (light cardan and heavy tracked vehicles) were produced in the M.A.N-Sauer lorry factory in Lindau. In 1916 production was transferred to Nuremberg.
9 years later, in 1924, M.A.N. was the first company in the world to launch a diesel engine with direct injection for vehicles. In addition, completely redesigned buses were presented on a low-frame chassis.
It continued with the development of three-axle and trolleybuses in the 1930s. At the same time, the most powerful diesel heavy-duty truck was produced. The development of exhaust gas turbochargers for diesel engines and all-wheel drive for commercial vehicles also continued to progress. In that time the assembly-line production was introduced.
During the Second World War, the production of civilian commercial vehicles, tanks, buses and trucks as military vehicles continued in the factories in Nuremberg and Augsburg, despite repeated air raids. Only when at the end of 1944, the halls and machines were almost completely destroyed, the production stopped.
Further technical development after the end of World War II
After the war, the reconstruction of production halls and machines began. As early as 1953, you could see the famous F8 hooded cars and omnibuses with alligator bonnets everywhere on the streets. Agricultural tractors and field diesel were built for the agriculture and wood industries.
From 1955, tractors, trucks and buses were no longer produced in Nuremberg, but in the new plant in Munich-Allach. In 1965, the 100,000 truck was already manufactured.
Company takeovers and expansion into new markets
In 1971, the takeover of the truck and bus manufacturer Büssing from Brunswick took place. Together with the commercial vehicle manufacturer Saviem from France and later also together with VW MAN produced lighter truck models.
The 80’s were marked by the global expansion into new markets and the acquisition of other brands such as Steyr.
From 1992, the Lion’s Star touring coach had been produced by the factory in Salzgitter (formerly Büssing-Werk) and marketed very successfully.
In 2000, MAN launched the heavy-duty truck TGA, which was voted ‘Truck of the Year’. In addition, the acquisition of the NEOPLAN bus brand took place that year.
From 2005, new product lines – TGL and TGM – were produced in the sector of light and medium trucks.
Introduction of a new generation of engines and technical progress
During the same period, a new generation of engines was introduced. Those were engines with common-rail system and switchable four-wheel drive.
In the following years, pioneering developments in trucks, buses and engines have taken place. Here, special attention is paid to the development in the field of hybrid technology.
In the year 2016, transporters were also produced for the first time, the NEOPLAN Tourliner. As a result, MAN now is able to offer the complete range of trucks.
Merger with the TRATON Group
Since mid-2015 MAN, together with Scania and VW Caminhões e Õnibus, has been part of the TRATON GROUP, a wholly-owned subsidiary of VW AG. This VW subsidiary is one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers in the world. The merger of these companies will create synergies. Scania e.a. builds the large 13 cbm engines for MAN, while MAN produces components such as non-driven axles and drive axles for Scania.