Zettelmeyer Spare Parts
We supply spare parts worldwide for:
- Zettelmeyer Wheel Excavators
- Zettelmeyer Wheel Loader
- Zettelmeyer Wheel Dozer
Zettelmeyer Baumaschinen GmbH
The company was founded in 1897 in Konz near Trier upon Mosel. At first they produced tractors. In the early 50’s they started producing steam powered rollers. Later they started producing skid loaders. In 1968 Zettelmeyer became the first German manufacturer with a complete skid loader product line.
In 1975 Zettelmeyer was sold to the IBH-Group and the product range was substantially expanded. Their wheel loaders models ZL 1501, ZL 1701, ZL 1801 and their wheeled dozers were particularly successful, being sold in large quantities to the German Armed Forces for use in Iraq.
After the IBH-Group applied for bankruptcy the company changed owners frequently. Finally the company was bought by the family company Eder Engineeringworks, a family-run concern owned by W. Eder. They primarily produce Caterpillar wheel excavators with Caterpillar engines (see Family Eder take over Atlas Limited in Ganderkesee).
In 1990/1991 Zettelmeyer was acquired by VOLVO Construction Equipment. They rebranded Zettelmeyer into VOLVO compact wheel loaders. For a short while their range was completed by a mini excavator, from the French company Pel Job, which they produced. The French company Pel Job was acquired by VOLVOat the same time as Zettelmeyer and both were integrated into the VOLVO Group.